September 1, 2014

1: ANIMALS IN ART

Learning targets:
I can identify five geometric shapes.
I can a piece of artwork using basic geometric shapes.


Students studied basic geometric Shapes in this lesson.  They used math shapes to create these funky monkeys. These young artists were inspired by the children's book, "I Love Monkey" by Suzanne Kaufman.





Learning targets:
I can identify cool Colors.
I can identify warm Colors.
I can use the warm and cool colors to create Contrast.


Student were inspired to learn about the warm and cool Colors after being introduced to a giraffe named Gerard.  We shared the story, "Giraffes Can't Dance" by Giles Andreae.  We also learned that bulling isn't cool!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Grade 5: Space & Value

Beautiful Birds by 5th Grade Grade:  5 Learning Target:  I can create the illusion of SPACE using a shading technique and overlap...